Advice in innovation
You have specific needs and want to define a strategy to protect your know-how and innovations.
We can assist you in:
Deciding on the interest to file a patent, even before it is put in writting,
Selecting and optimizing the claims coverage to ensure a wide and sufficient protection,
Estimating your exposure with respect to patents owners (licence agreement needed for the development of a product and/or its marketing; risk of patent infringement),
Building up a patent portfolio according to your patent strategy (commercial, defensive or offensive),
Conducting an independant evaluation of the portfolio you want to acquire.
When deciding to file a patent, and after iPlife has confirmed that your innovation can be patented, the iPlife expert will assess its technical and economic potential looking at five aspects:
Potential of innovation and its commercial value,
Current state of the art,
Identification of applications areas,
Whe then assist you in drafting the patent request before it is filed, including all detailed and relevant information, so that third parties have a clear understanding of your inventor rights.
Who it may concern
- An individual or a company with an idea of innovationand who does not know how to proceed, or wants to subcontract this service,
- An inventor or a company requiring a quick opinion before launching the patent process,
- An inventor or a start-up lacking the technical experience to determine the innovative character of an idea,
- The financials: Business Angels (OSEO in France for example),
- Universities and research centers.
Steps and value proposal
- Confidentiality and non disclosure commitment,
- Value analysis,
- Positioning in the economic context of the application area,
- Clear and documented recommendation, possibly leading to suggestions to improve the idea or the inductrial steps,
- Assistance proposal to ask for the financing of the patent application (interface with OSEO / DRIRE for example in France).